Out of the
OUR ADVANCED THEATRE YOUTH GROUP
At Matchbox Children’s Theatre, we provide theatre education to young people from all walks of life. Kiddos approved to be in our Troupe program are given the opportunity to rise to the challenge to advance their theatre skills. We strive to help them learn important social skills and build self-esteem, confidence, and creative thinking. They also learn the importance of teamwork and respect, while serving in the community. Our passionate instructors provide a safe and supportive environment for the students to grow in all areas of their acting skills. We are more than just a theatre program, we are a theatre family.
TROUPE MEMBERSHIP EXPECTATIONS
● Troupe Members must submit an application, which are all contemplated by the MCT Education Committee
● Applicants must be at least 12 years old, with the exception of those who were already Troupe members prior to the 2023-2024 Troupe Season
● Troupe members must display exemplary behavior
● Members must attend one weekly meeting per month, and 2 community involvement events every year.
The Troupe meets every Thursday 4:30pm-6:00pm
WEEKLY MEETINGS AND CURRICULUM
● Regular weekly meetings will be on Thursdays starting mid to early September and ending in late May to early June. To keep up with accurate dates and times, please check the Matchbox Calendar.
● Weekly Meetings will cover a theatre curriculum, with each month covering one of the following curriculum subjects: Prop Making and Design, Set Design, Script Writing, Music, Theatre Technology, Acting and Stage Skills, Dance and Choreography, and Behind the Scenes Organization.
● Curriculum will be supplemented with related community involvement, including helping with Matchbox shows, and other shows in the local community.
● There will also be a Parent Meeting before the start of Troupe where parents will be expected to show up for an informational meeting.
● Summer meetings begin shortly after the end of regular meetings. They will occur weekly on Thursdays from 4:30-5:00 PM.
● The Matchbox Troupe can be offered and requested by other organizations and businesses in the local community for volunteers and entertainment.
● Community involvement event requests will be sent to the Chair of the Education Committee for consideration with the MCT Education Committee members.
● Whether the Troupe will offer to fulfill a volunteer request will be judged by the criteria of relevance to Matchbox’s mission, reasonable capacity for a high-quality execution, and value of the collaboration.
A NEW TROUPE IS EVOLVING THIS YEAR
Multiple standards and expectations will be integrated, each categorized by their relevance to Troupe Membership Expectations, Weekly Meeting and Curriculum, and Community Involvement.
LOOKING TO TAKE A SERIOUS NEXT STEP IN
YOUR THEATRE SKILLS?